This insight was written one week from Thanksgiving.
Linear time seems to be escaping me more often than not. Which is perfect because wherever I go, there I am. Haven’t we heard this statement many times in different ways?
- The present moment contains past and future. The secret of transformation, is in the way we handle this very moment.
~Thich Nhat Hanh
- Welcome to the present moment. Here. Now. The only moment there ever is.
- The future is keeping you out of the present time.
- All moments, past, present and future, always have existed, always will exist.
- Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.
- If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.
I could fill up pages with the benefits of being present. And yet, being human our minds can vacillate from past to future in a matter of seconds. I invite you to reread two insights previously written, Where is Your Head & Feet? and Gifts I Would Give if I Could. They somehow feel more relevant now.
Let us remember: the best gift we can give to anyone during the holidays and every day is the gift of our loving presence. A priceless gift to them and you.
And lastly, join us Sunday afternoon, December 3, 2023 for “Slowing Down for the Holidays.” An event combining the slow fluid movements of Qigong with the stillness of a Sound Bath. The best of both worlds—helping you flow through this holiday season with presence, ease and grace. Please preregister as we are currently 50% full.